Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Knife



"Knife"
By James Benton Moon

As the booze sinks in
The words come out
My minds a blur
But I know, what I’m talking about.
How is it that, when you can’t walk a straight line
The words seem to come out just fine.
Music makes me reflect
On his past presence
Lying in this bed
I do, what I always do
I question my heart
Am I a fool?
I close my eyes and I pray
God I am here today
But I always seem to leave a part of me in yesterday
Why must my heart sometimes feel like a beating, aching, solid memory?

And love to me has no definition
No boundaries and no limitation.
Love is flawed
When it comes to correction
As I grow older
It seems to be nothing, but passion and confusion.
And I’m not even what this world, says love should be.
But screw what they all say
I may classify love as undefinable
But I at least know
that it exsists within me!

I have left and I have been left
I have had my emotions subdued to theft
Had my life feel like a mess
But God’s had my back
And I have not been suppressed.
Don’t talk down to me
I’m not a problem
When it comes to that
I’m like my brother
I just want to solve them.
I have dreams
I have goals
Even if my heart
May be filled with holes.
And if you have a moment
Stop and listen
To the music
As the wind of life, blows through them.

So now I’m ranting, panting
No!
Don’t want to hear what I’m saying, leaving
Don't go!
You stand right there!
Don’t you dare run!
My voice, like a pen is still writing
This song is not done!
I cried because of you!
Broke chairs because of you!
I shedded
Let memories fall off my back
To try and get over you!
But I’m back at your doorstep
The memory of your smile, I kept
The thought of you holding me
Cause you wanted me!
How could I forget?
Yes, I know there are two sides to everything
Could have used my heart for example
Because it was sure breaking.
Let’s not do this again
Let’s not ever pretend
That we don’t need each others hand
I’m here for you!
I love you!
To be with you
I managed to burn the sun
What more do I have to do
To make you feel like number one?

Tell me
No, I’ll tell myself
It will be different this time around
I'l do more to help
We’ll keep our hearts in our chests
And our feet on the ground
We can brave the stormy weather
Hand in hand
Eyes on each other
As long as you want me here
I’ll take on whatever is out there.

The thought of you kept me alive
back in the days of nine to five
you were just a fantasy, locked up in my mind
I was waiting for you to find
me
and you did and thus began a new time.


You have no idea, how you changed my life
I love you more, than I ever could some wife.
There's been struggles, there's been strife
but for you to not be there,
Would feel more like a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment