Translate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Tracks"
By James Benton Moon

I'm going to sit down and do what my father always said to.
Write a page every day and I'm going to
Till I burn a hole through.
My Mother has faith in me
Says I should be a writer.
I'm blessed that she cares
Need to have more faith in myself
That writing, will one day get me somewhere.
But my minds still on
and I'm still strong
and with that said, I'm still pushing on.
I'm still breathing, dreaming.
My hearts still beating, screaming!
I want let life get me down!
I'm still believing!
I know, I haven't been the one to always stay on track.
I know, I've been the one in which motivation, I've lacked,
but I've got a new head on my shoulders
I'm getting my thoughts back.
Visualizing in my mind,
Where I want the rest of my body to eventually be standing at.
So I'm continuing down the tracks.
I was walking
but now the train I am on
and all I can do now is put my 3 cents in
and keep chugging along with the mindset of
I think I can... I think I can...
No!
I know I can... I know I can...
be that man... be that man...
that I see up inside my head.
So I'm going do all I can
to bring him completely out,
because I am not yet dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment