Translate

Sunday, March 4, 2012


What I Want. (School Paper.)
James Benton Moon

What I want?

Such a small, simple question is rewarded with a very complex answer. Not even just an answer. Answers!

I want to never work a corporate job again. I want to finish my short film and have it spread like wild fire. I want to write a play… and have it spread like wild fire.

I want my loved ones to remain healthy. I want my lover and I to never separate again. I want my brothers and me to be successful. I want to get to a place in life, where I am making a living doing something I love, understand and have a fire, a passion for!

I want to not want for a whole lot. I want to make a good living and support my family. I want to make my parents proud. I want dreams to not continue to remain dreams. I want to one day make an impact, be a positive influence, be an inspiration.

I don’t so much desire to be famous; rather, I want people to know my name. Know my art work. Like my art work. Give me art work based on my art work and have that cycle, one day pay my bills.

I want to over come fear, insecurity and self doubt. I want to achieve a higher sense of confidence, integrity, self worth, bravery. A stronger back bone. Be someone, who can maintain a sense of kindness, however, when being pushed around is not afraid to turn around and shout “Back off! Screw you!” 
                                                                                          
I, at this point in my life, want to avoid the claws and dudgeons of the corporate world and seriously indulge in writing, filming, editing and acting.

I want to write a Hollywood produced screen play, a Broadway drama. Film a reality show, sitcom or be behind the scenes of the X Games. Edit numerous short films. Mine and others and I want an acting gig in any opportunity presented to me.

In wanting. I feel a sense of selfishness.

But that’s ok. In order to achieve what you want in life. I figure, you have to be a little selfish.

I want to live a life of love and art. Retire and die near the sound of the ocean and afterwards… have my ashes cast into the waves.

--- James Benton Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment